My pet was picked up by Animal Control

and was taken to ACARF. 

What happens now?

ACARF has contracts with Animal Control in Gas City and Iola.  If your pet was brought to us by Animal Control in either city, you first need to go to your city's administrative office and pay an impoundment fee.  After that has been done, please bring your receipt to ACARF and we can release your pet to you. 


We cannot, under any circumstance, return your pet to you until this has been done; we are contractually bound to these terms.  Unfortunately, this also means that you cannot claim your pet on Saturday, Sunday, or a holiday, when the city offices are closed.  We do sympathize with the occasional wait that occurs, as all of us here are animal lovers.  Please know that your pet is being well cared for while here.